Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Snow Cap BeansEmail to a Friend Print this page
Heirloom Beans - Named after the “cap of snow” covering half the bean.
- Excellent source of fiber and iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Snow cap beans are great in soups, salads, and side dishes.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
Excellent bean!Review by JuanitaSnow Caps beans are creamy smooth with a wonderful flavor. However, for optimal texture, do NOT add salt during their cooking. They also good in soup and can beautifully when processed at 10 lbs. pressure for 90 minutes.
Delicious and versatileReview by SabineThese are nice, plump, creamy beans that are reminiscent of cranberry beans but have a thinner skin. Great in soups, although they do fall apart a bit if cooked overlong -- add them already cooked at the end to maintain a clear broth, or let them soften in the soup to give it some starchy body. Also wonderful by themselves, dressed with olive oil, lemon zest/juice, and sage. A bean for all occasions!
Snow Cap Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 5g||20%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 8% • Iron 20%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.