Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Air Dried Kale PowderEmail to a Friend Print this page
Easy to use, store, and take along — healthy and all natural.
- Powdered air dried kale.
- Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium.
- Good source of fiber, protein, and iron.
- No sulfites.
- Cook before consuming.
- Due to the nature of this product, powder may need to be broken up before rehydrating or adding to recipes.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. Like many of our other air dried vegetables, this kale powder is often used in side dishes, soups, stews, casseroles, and salads. Also used as an ingredient in pet foods.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Easy to Prepare
- Add dry kale powder while slow cooking soups, stews, chilies, and other foods with sufficient liquid content.
- For most other applications, hydrate using 1 part dry kale powder and about 4 parts water before cooking.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add additional water if needed.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1/4 cup dry. Generally, air dried vegetables double in volume when hydrated.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of air dried kale powder, once rehydrated, equals approximately 15 lbs of fresh prepared product.
Storage — Best if used within 18 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 1/4 cups
Fat Cal. 11
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||2%||Total Carb. 18g||6%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||1%||Fiber 4g||15%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 4g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 6g|
|Vitamin A 323% • Vitamin C 363% • Calcium 25% • Iron 17%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.