Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Easy to store and use — healthy and 100% natural.
- Powdered air dried jalapeno peppers.
- This air dried vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- No sulfites.
- Cook before consuming.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: Like many of our other air dried vegetable powders, this jalapeno pepper powder is an easy addition to a variety of recipes. Use it in chilies, soups, sauces, spice mixes, and meat rubs.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Easy to Prepare
- Add while cooking chili, salsa, soups, and other foods with sufficient liquid content.
- For most other applications, hydrate using 1 part pepper powder and 6 parts water before cooking.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more water if needed.
Yield — 1/4 cup dry weighs about 1 ounce. Generally, air dried vegetables double in volume when hydrated.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of air dried jalapeno pepper powder, once rehydrated, equals approximately 5.5 lbs of fresh prepared product.
Storage — Best if used within 18 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 1/4 cup
Fat Cal. 4
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 23g||8%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 5g||18%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 0g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 3g|
|Vitamin A 46% • Vitamin C 430% • Calcium 3% • Iron 11%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.