Most of our food items work great for survival food applications.
We have a wide selection of dry food with very low moisture content.
Packaged items are in high quality resealable pouches. You can super extend shelf life to many years with a household vacuum packaging machine and/or other techniques. Custom packaging information and supplies for long term food storage are available at Sorbent Systems, which has online ordering of custom bags, moisture absorbers, oxygen absorbers, heat sealers, and vacuum sealers.
In addition to stocking nonperishable survival food in your emergency preparedness kit, please remember to also consider the following supplies:
- Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper (In an emergency, water can be treated by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water.)
- Prescription medications (monitor shelf life)
- Hand held radio and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Dust mask
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape
- Moist towelettes and garbage bags
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Extra clothes
This list and further info can be found at emergency supply kit info, courtesy of the US Dept. of Homeland Security.