Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Air Dried Pumpkin PowderEmail to a Friend Print this page
Easy to use and store — all natural.
- Powdered Pumpkin.
- Excellent source of Fiber, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Potassium.
- Also a good source of Vitamin A.
- No sulfites.
- Cook before consuming.
- Due to the nature of this product, powder may need to be broken up before rehydrating or adding to recipes.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: These air dried vegetables are often added to soups, stews, or frozen entrees. This Pumpkin Powder is great to use in baked goods.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Great addition to my dogs daily food prep by meReview by MaryI also like this Dried Pumpkin Powdered for when I want to make muffins. And yes I add the pumpkin powdered when I prepare daily my three dogs food. I have also bought your powdered Sweet Potato, your Powdered Carrots that is also added to my dogs daily meal. My one dog just turned 21 this September 2021, my other dogs are both 15 and going strong. I like that these foods have no additive. Easy to store. I have been a customer for years. Very pleased with all the dried foods that I have bought.
Really like itReview by JennaThese powders blend well, taste like they should, and work well in my portable blender. I love the convenience when I'm traveling and can't bring my Vitamix along.
Good quality, what I've come to expect from NBTReview by ElaineThis is really good to have in your pantry; so much better than cans of puree. And you can easily use it in cooking -- to substitute for regular puree, use half as much powder as you would puree. (So if your recipe calls for 1 cup of puree, add 1/2 cup powder + 1 cup of water)
I've posted a terrific recipe on my blog for a pumpkin bread just-add-water mix that uses this (or you can substitute the sweet potato powder, which is at least as heavenly in this loaf).
Now sold on pumpkin powderReview by aryeI originally bought this product to increase my fiber intake and taste a new food, normally would not eat. Am now sold on this, its convience of use, its ability to keep well, did not clump up in humid weather. The taste is great. I now love pumpkin powder especially in my smoothie of: pumpkin powder, fresh banana, coconut milk powder, water, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract and raw honey.
Fresher and more convenient than cannedReview by JWMy dogs love a bit of pumpkin on their food and the older one really seems to do best with the extra fiber. I was getting tired of washing and recycling cans, so I ordered this.
It is so easy (and less messy) to mix. I just mix it in a jar with a lid and have a few days' worth ready to go.
While I doubt my dogs give a darn about this-- it seems to taste fresher than canned.
The larger quantities are out of stock right now, but as soon as they're available, I'll definitely be ordering more.
Unique & Terrific!Review by BarbI replaced a cup of the flour in my bread machine honey white recipe (I use white whole wheat) with the terrific pumpkin and increased the water a little. It didn' t rise a lot, but we think it is *delicious* with a texture like banana bread. We cut salt and honey and it was still sweet. Can't wait to experiment with the pumpkin some more and will definitely re-order.
I love using dehyrdrated pumpkin in the winterReview by JoAnnAs vegans dehydrated vegetables are important to those of us who live in the far north.
One of our favorite comfort meals when the snow is deep outside is a Creamy Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese.
- 1 cup of plaint based milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch of hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup re-hydrated pumpkin powder
- 1 cup re-hydrated broccoli heads
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
1. In a large pan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Add in pasta and cook according to package directions.
3. In a small saucepan, add olive oil, arrowroot and plant based milk. Whisk thoroughly and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Once mixture begins to boil, turn burner o low and add in nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic power, onion powder, hot pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Whisk thoroughly until mixture is smooth.
5. Once mixture has thickened, add in pumpkin and whisk until smooth. Remove sauce from heat.
6. Add drained elbows and broccoli to the pumpkin sauce and thoroughly mix.
7. Serve hot.
easy to use, very good flavorReview by broncoI love pumpkin and really don't like the canned puree. I purchased 5 lb bag to try and its awesome. I made muffins and pumpkin pie, also pumpkin bread. Ordered the 20 lb bag! I rehydrated it a little thicker than on directions to get my puree just right. Thank you for carrying this. No more outdated cans of pumpkin in the pantry!
Easy to Prepare
- Add dried pumpkin powder while cooking soups, stews, frozen entrees, dry mixes, and other foods with sufficient liquid content. Also works great in muffins, pies, and breads.
- For most other applications. mix together 4 oz powder to 6 cups of water before cooking.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
Yield — 1/4 cup weighs about 1 ounce.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of air dried pumpkin powder, once rehydrated, equals approximately 6 lbs of fresh prepared pumpkin.
Storage — Best if used within 18 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 2 tsp (5g)
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 4g||1%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 0g||0%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 2g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 1g|
|Vitamin D 0% • Calcium 0% • Iron 0% • Potassium 4%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.