Sign up for our news and specials via email:
One of the most common type of lentils.
- Good source of fiber and iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Red chief lentils are great in soups and salads.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
great flavor & texture!Review by KJThese red lentils have a great flavor and texture. Easy to work with. I like them even better than the red petite lentils. Will buy again!
Red Chief Lentils
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort the lentils for any foreign matter and then rinse.
- Next, place lentils in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender. Add water as needed.
- Simmer time can vary from 15 minutes to an hour.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural lentils, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your lentils first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry lentils equals about 4-5 cups cooked lentils.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||2%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 4g||16%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 0g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 9g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 1% • Calcium 1% • Iron 15%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.