Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Great Northern BeansEmail to a Friend Print this page
Heirloom Beans - Originaly grown in the midwestern US.
- Excellent source of fiber.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Great Northern Beans are great in soups and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
so deliciousReview by CindyThey hold their shape but are still super creamy on the inside! Nothing like gooey canned beans.
Great all-around beanReview by BeaneaterThese are good for anything you want to use them for--soup, baked, chili, etc. They have a mild flavor and cook up tender and succulent without turning mushy. If I had to choose one bean, it would be this one.
Great for soup!Review by Frozen tundraMy wife made a soup using the Great Northern Beans! Our family loved it! She added onion, carrots and ham to the bean and wow was it good!
Great Northern Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 2 1/2 Tbsp
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%||Total Carb. 21g||8%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 13g||46%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 0g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 7g|
|Vitamin D 0% • Calcium 2% • Iron 10% • Potassium 8%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.