Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Heirloom Beans - Sometimes called the Borlotti Bean.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Cranberry beans are great in rice dishes, salads, stews and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
DeliciousReview by CrabbyI simmered these with country ham chunks for a couple of hours, and they turned out plump, juicy, and delicious. They are like pinto beans but larger and more substantial. These cranberry beans are now one of my favorite beans.
Hearty, tasty beansReview by CrabbyI soaked these cranberry beans overnight and then cooked them low and slow in a dutch oven with some country ham chunks for seasoning, just as I would cook pinto beans. They are similar in flavor to pintos, but much fatter, juicier, and richer. I liked them so much I didn't even make rice to eat with them like I usually do with beans. I just ate them by the bowlful. These make a great meal.
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 5-6 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 0g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 4% • Iron 10%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.