Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Heirloom Beans - Got its name from the resemblance to a cow’s hide.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Jacobs Cattle (Trout) beans are great in soups, stews and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
Trout BeansReview by BMJTBI happened to be riding through the grocery store in the motorized cart (due to a broken leg) and suddenly there they were, at eye level---Trout beans! I love beans, and since my maiden name was Trout, I had to have them. They are now my favorite beans ever, not because of the name, but because they are yummy! They have a natural sweetness and cook up so nicely. I just follow the recipe on the package--add carrots, onions, celery and cook until done. Add seasonings--voila! Eat and enjoy
Jacobs Cattle (Trout) Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 2%• Calcium 6% • Iron 15%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.