Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Heirloom Beans - Got its name from the resemblance to a cow’s hide.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Jacobs Cattle (Trout) beans are great in soups, stews and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
My new favorite BeanReview by VickieThese beans cook up very easily but with no "mushyness".
They have a mild but very good taste. These will be my new "go to beans"!
Trout BeansReview by BMJTBI happened to be riding through the grocery store in the motorized cart (due to a broken leg) and suddenly there they were, at eye level---Trout beans! I love beans, and since my maiden name was Trout, I had to have them. They are now my favorite beans ever, not because of the name, but because they are yummy! They have a natural sweetness and cook up so nicely. I just follow the recipe on the package--add carrots, onions, celery and cook until done. Add seasonings--voila! Eat and enjoy
Jacobs Cattle (Trout) Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 2%• Calcium 6% • Iron 15%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.