Sign up for our news and specials via email:
European Soldier BeansEmail to a Friend Print this page
Heirloom Beans - Named for the soldier-like shape at bean’s eye.
- Excellent source of fiber and iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: European soldier beans are great in soups, salads, and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
Delicious!Review by JuanitaThis will be the second time I've tried leaving a review for this bean, so I hope I don't skew the results.
I found the European Soldier beans to be delicate and perfectly creamy, the latter being a requirement in my beans. I must be careful never to run out of these because they're among my all-time favorites.
UnhappyReview by nodramamamaAt least 1+ tablespoon of broken beans per cup of dry beans. Haven't cooked them yet since I am just now soaking them. I wouldn't have bothered except that I am too thrifty to throw them all away. Gave one star because I am not computer literate enough to figure out how to give them no stars.
European Soldier Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 5g||20%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 8% • Iron 20%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.