Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Heirloom Beans - First domesticated in East Asia.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Adzuki beans are great in salads and mixed with rice.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
My favorite beanReview by ThomROCThese are my favorite bean because they have a great taste, cooks easily and has a nice soft texture. I soak them for several hours but they do not need to be soaked overnight as do some other beans. Adzuki beans are great for adding protein to soups.
Amazing Adzukis!Review by MaggieRated to have the highest protein content other than soy beans. So glad you offer these.
great flavor,Review by moocannI just love these beans. They have great flavor, and after soaking overnight cook up slightly dry compared to other beans I eat. These are among my top 3-5 dry beans.
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans..
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup (35g)
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 22g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 4g||16%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 0g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 7g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 2% • Iron 10%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.