Heirloom Beans - Popular in Mexico.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Peruano beans are great in soups, cold salads, and pastas.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Allergen Information: Processed in a facility that also handles cereal grains, peanuts, tree nuts, and soybeans.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
I went looking for these after I saw a recipe in Edible Baja. These are excellent cooked and mixed with chopped parsley, green onions and an onion/dijon vinaigrette dressing. Yum! Also good in a veggie stew.
(Posted on 1/15/2015)
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 22g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 5g||20%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 7g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 4% • Calcium 4% • Iron 10%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.