Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Rice BeansEmail to a Friend Print this page
Starting at: $19.22
Heirloom Beans - Originated in Germany in the 1860’s.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Rice beans are great in cold salads, or mixed with rice.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
Best tasting bean EVER!Review by CateHas a buttery nutty taste, no bitterness. Blends beautifully with everything. Makes great hummus, add to cold salads and any cooked vegetable . Great on rice. You can put it anywhere. No problems digesting. Lifts up soups. We even saute them in olive oil and eat them on whole wheat pasta. You will love them! I even pureed some with some cream and thickener, and used it as a vegan "gravy" on baked potatoes.
Yummy mild, slightly sweet flavorReview by hephtsibah98I boiled this rice beans with rice for my child that loves white rice, and it was a hit!
I'm sure it will make a delicious cold salad as the main ingredient, with diced tomatoes, bell peppers and sweet onions, and a light dressing (YUM!).
My orders arrived in a timely manner; I can always count on Northbay trading for quality.
I am back for more!
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 2% • Calcium 6% • Iron 15%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.