Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Heirloom Beans - Originated in Italy.
- Excellent source of fiber and good source of iron.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Cannellini beans are great in soups, rice dishes, and cold salads.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
WonderfulReview by BobbyI thought a bean is a bean. I was wrong. These beauties cooked up plump and fluffy and I noticed everyone was hunting for them in their soup !
The top notch Company to go to online.Review by GladysI had been looking for Cannelline Beans in bulk with no luck, until I found North Bay Trading co. on the internet. I got 25 lbs and were they top notch, and clean compared to other dry beans I have washed. I canned 90 pints for quick and handy go to for quick meals, I still have 9 qts of dry to use as needed. These will be my go to beans,Thanks for the great service and top quality product
Better than canned.Review by BonnieThis is definitely not your mama's canned cannellini bean. I used this bean first in a pork stew and wish I had put more beans into the recipe. First, I had to sample a cup of the bare-naked beans and my taste buds smiled. They cook up big and plump and pretty. not at all like the canned bean. This will be my go-to bean for recipes calling for white beans.
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 2% • Calcium 6% • Iron 15%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.