Heirloom Beans - Came to America in the 1890’s by Swedish immigrants.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Swedish brown beans are great in soups and baked beans.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Allergen Information: Processed in a facility that also handles cereal grains, peanuts, tree nuts, and soybeans.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
Very happy with the taste and texture of this Swedish brown bean. Cooked it slow and the sauce was thick and wonderful. We ate it with rice on the side. A1!
(Posted on 10/9/2016)
Swedish Brown Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 0
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 8g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 2% • Iron 15%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.