Sign up for our news and specials via email:
Heirloom Beans - Also known as chickpeas.
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of iron.
- Not genetically engineered.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
- Not for sprouting.
Common uses: Organic garbanzo beans are great in soups and cold salads.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gifts-messaging features to send these unique heirloom beans to friends and family.
Delicious!!Review by Mrs HintonWe eat a lot of middle eastern cuisine in our home due to food allergies, and these organic chickpeas produced the most delicious beetroot hummus!! I put 1lb in the crockpot with 4 C of water, then let them sit on low for about 8 hours. They blended in my Vitamix to a SUPER creamy consistency and the aquafaba they produced, when refrigerated, was nice and gelatinous--perfect as an egg sub (egg sensitivities are one of our issues) in other savory recipes. Thanks North Bay!
HummusReview by KarenWe have made hummus from these beans many times and love the quality. We make a big batch from one bag and share the rest, our friends love the hummus. we have also made falafel from these beans. Love these beans!!
Organic Garbanzo Beans
Easy to Prepare — a little makes a lot
- First, sort beans for any foreign matter and then rinse. Some cooks like to do a preliminary soak by soaking beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After optional soaking drain and rinse beans.
- Next, place beans in a pot, cover with sufficient water, and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, adding water as needed. Simmer time will vary depending on soak time and size of bean.
- Alternatively, some cooks prefer to use crock pot techniques.
- Note: As with any supply of dry natural beans, this product may contain small pebbles, so please remember to sort your beans first.
Yield — 1 cup weighs about 1/2 pound. 2 cups of dry beans equals about 4-5 cups cooked beans.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1/4 cup dry
Fat Cal. 20
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 2g||3%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 6g||24%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 4g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 7g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 2% • Calcium 4% • Iron 10%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.