All natural and healthy — no added sweeteners and no sulfites
- 3/8-inch dices of freeze dried apricots.
- Excellent source of fiber and vitamins A and C.
- No infused sugar and no sulfites!
- GMO free. Gluten free.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: Backpacking food, camping food, healthy snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. Like our other freeze dried fruits, our freeze dried apricot is often added to cereals, smoothies, desserts, and trail mixes.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Allergen Information: Processed in a facility that also handles cereal grains, peanuts, tree nuts, and soybeans.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gift-messaging features to send freeze dried apricot and other freeze dried fruits to friends and family.
1 cup steel-cut oats
1 1/2 cups plant based milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup freeze dried apricots
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl with a lid.
2. Stir, close lid and refrigerate for a day or two.
3. Open the lid, stir and serve. If you like a warm cereal — heat in microwave for a minute or two. Makes 2-3 servings.
(Posted on 1/1/2014)
I bought these with Strawberries and peaches..These are good but not as stellar as the other two.....I love them in cereal and hot oatmeal.
(Posted on 11/13/2013)
These apricots taste like candy! Tart sweet and delicious, I love them.
(Posted on 10/28/2013)
I have been searching for dried apricots with the slightly sour taste that I remember from my childhood. I found the exact taste here, although the texture is different. The change in texture is outweighed by the fact that these will keep much longer. Between these and grapes, I'm beginning to lose my cravings for potato chips and candy.
(Posted on 5/1/2013)
Delicious to eat plain. Try adding to a salad for a crunchy sweet apricot taste.
(Posted on 12/29/2010)
Easy to Prepare
- Use dry as a healthy snack, as an addition to trail mixes, and as a crunchy topping for cereals and desserts.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1 1/4 cup dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried apricots, once rehydrated, equals approximately 7 lbs of fresh prepared diced apricots.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months of purchase. Store tightly sealed while minimizing exposure to high humidity and heat.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 1 1/4 cup
Fat Cal. 7
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||1%||Total Carb. 23g||8%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 5g||20%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 18g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 3g|
|Vitamin A 110% • Vitamin C 35% • Calcium 3% • Iron 6%|
Please contact us for specification on this product.
If you represent a food manufacturer and would like to open a wholesale account, please email us with your business name, documentation of your business, the product(s) you are interested in, your first order quantity and timing, and projections for future orders.