Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- Freeze dried sliced mushrooms.
- Excellent source of protein and iron.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. A dry snack as is right out of the bag. Like our other freeze dried vegetables, our mushrooms can be used salads, soups, sauces and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening. Bulk orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gift-messaging features to send freeze dried mushrooms and other freeze vegetables to friends and family.
I use mushrooms a lot, but theyre always going bad or im always running out, so I made a compromise, they didn't taste too lovely dry(too "powdery" I guess) but on a storebought supreme pizza that doesn't come with mushrooms, add these then add mozzarella cheese (helps rehydrate during cooking) and they don't get too mushy
(Posted on 2/13/13)
Okay, so it wasn't hard for me to open every bag in my first order all at once. Dried, right out of the bag, AWESOME! I am absolutely in love with these mushrooms and have a sad sinking feeling this bag will be gone by the end of the week, LOL! Highest recommendations.
(Posted on 5/16/12)
Easy to Prepare
- Use alone as a dry snack or add to soups and sauces.
- Use dry for a crunchy effect in salads and, while serving, cooked rice and cooked pasta.
- Add dry during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking soups and stews that have sufficient amounts of broth.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals just over 2 1/2 cups dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried mushrooms, once rehydrated, equals approximately 16 lbs of fresh prepared sliced mushrooms.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months of purchase. Store tightly sealed and minimize exposure to heat and humidity.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 2 1/2 cups
Fat Cal. 10
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||2%||Total Carb. 14g||5%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 4g||17%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 5g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 10g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 14% • Calcium 2% • Iron 20%|