We have over 50 varieties of air dried vegetables including 8 steam sterilized air dried vegetables. Plus 20 varieties of freeze dried vegetables, all great for backpacking, camping, and quick-and-easy eating right at home.
Starting at: $5.25
Starting at: $6.99
Starting at: $7.50
Starting at: $6.75
Starting at: $5.25
Starting at: $6.81
Starting at: $3.95
Dried Vegetables are nutritious and easy to store, use, and take along.
- Many make excellent dry snacks as they are, right out of the bag.
- Each type of dried vegetable hydrates quickly. The air dried vegetables need to be simmered, whereas a quick soak does the trick for the freeze-dried vegetables.
- All dried vegetables are A-grade, premium. FDA guidelines are followed and the drying processes are audited through the NFPA-SAFE program with The National Food Processors Association.
- Varieties and cuts of dried vegetables not listed on our website may be available by special order in the large box sizes, please contact us.
What is freeze dried? Freeze dried food is placed in a refrigerated vacuum, where, without thawing, it is dehydrated — ice disappears in the form of escaping water vapor. Cell structure remains intact, which results in excellent retention of flavor, color, shape, and nutritional value. Freeze dried food can be eaten as is, or hydrated quickly.
What is air dried? Our air dried vegetables, often generically called dehydrated vegetables, are specifically made by subjecting vegetables to heat, resulting in water evaporation. This process costs less than freeze dried. The physical size of the vegetables are reduced when air dried. When cooked, these vegetables hydrate nicely and often remain intact (versus crumbling apart), making them ideal for liquid cooking applications such as homemade soups and dips. There are no additives to our air dried vegetables — no preservatives such as sulfites.
What are steam sterilized air dried vegetalbes? Steam sterilization utilizes a continuous flow of dry steam to help kill potential bacteria which could cause food borne illnesses. It is an additional step requested by customers with high food safety standards for uncooked applications, such as making dips.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, survival food, snacks, and quick-and-easy home cooking. Our dried vegetables are used in salads, vegetable trail mixes, soups, casseroles, and camping meals.
Gluten Free: Our air dried and freeze dried vegetables are gluten free.
Dry vegetables — a garden of nutritious, natural, fresh-tasting, and ready-to-use foods.
- Freeze dried vegetables hydrate quickly and easily — soak in water, most for about 5 minutes, others for 10.
- Air dried vegetables also hydrate quickly and easily — simmer in water, most for 10 minutes, up to 20 for a few others.
Ideas for cooking and serving
- Snack as is on soy nuts, the Hot Vegetable Blend, all of our freeze dried vegetables, and the air dried carrots and green beans.
- Use the Hot Vegetable Blend as a veggie trail mix.
- Make veggie trail mixes using your own selections of any freeze dried vegetables as well as the air dried carrots, peas, green beans, onions, leeks, green chili peppers, jalapeno peppers, and red and green bell peppers.
- While backpacking and camping, any of the freeze dried vegetables cook up nicely, except, of course, the soy nuts. The following air dried vegetables turn out well when cooked alone: potatoes, carrots, savoy cabbage, and mixed vegetables. Consider taking any of the other air dried vegetables along for adding to soups, stews, and fried or mashed potatoes.
- Try your choices of dried vegetables while making pizzas, tacos, burritos, soups, chilies, salsas, stews, and casseroles.
More details and ideas appear at each vegetable's View Details, Description and Cooking Tips tabs.
Dried Vegetables Customer Testimonials
"I want to let you know how pleased I am with your service and food products. Your response to my questions was quick, your package arrivals were prompt, and best of all, you are a U.S company. I am especially happy with the quality of the dried foods I ordered from you. Here in Alaska, we are 99.9% dependant on the lower 48 for our ag products. If something should happen to delay or prevent Seattle shipping lines from delivery, most of our vast state would be in critical condition, and fast. In this day of unsettled times, it's an ever present possibility. Considering the fact that 9 months of the year we in the great Interior of Alaska are covered with snow, I take great comfort in having your dried vegetable supplies for regular use, camping, and emergency use. I found your company easily with a dried foods search. Your prices are the best in my search results, but more importantly, you were courteous and responsive. Thanks again for a great healthy product. I have no doubts about using your web site in the future. " — Rosi J. from Alaska
“Order arrived on schedule yesterday. What wonderful quality! Leeks and peppers smell and taste like fresh veggies! Thanks very much. I will be ordering again!" — Karen from Virginia
“Received you products very quickly, used the peppers that day for a dinner casserole and rave reviews from the family. Thank you very much! I will be ordering again!" — Ann from Watertown, NY
Also see any possible Customer Reviews on product detail pages.