Easy to use, store, and take along — all natural.
- Air dried tomato powder.
- Made with Roma tomatoes.
- Excellent source of vitamins A & C, and a good source of fiber and iron.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: Like many of our air dried vegetables, dried tomatoes are often added to soups, chilies, stews, sauces, and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Convenient, versatile, tasty. Use for juice, tomato paste, tomato sauce, soups, stews, pizza sauce. Yum. "Keep your powder dry" or it can clump, but you can still break off bits and dissolve it in liquid and it still tastes like fresh tomatoes.
(Posted on 11/26/12)
Easy to Prepare
- Add tomato powder to soups, stews, chilies, casseroles, italian sauces and other foods with sufficient liquid content.
- For most other applications, hydrate using 1 part tomato powder and at least 4 parts water.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add additional water if necessary.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1/4 cup dry.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of air dried tomato powder, once rehydrated, equals approximately 4 lbs of fresh prepared tomatoes.
Storage — Best if used within 18 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 1/4 cup
Fat Cal. 6
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||1%||Total Carb. 22g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 2g||10%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 13g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 3g|
|Vitamin A 59% • Vitamin C 36% • Calcium 5% • Iron 14%|