Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy and 100% natural.
- Chopped air dried white onions.
- Excellent source of iron and vitamin C.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher. See the North Bay Kosher List.
Common uses: Like many of our other air dried vegetables, these onions are often added to soups, stews, pizzas, chilies, and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in resealable poly bags. Bulk box orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
I am so happy with this dried onion, I use it all the time in meatloaf, Meatballs, Stew, making chicken curry and more. Thanks for a Great product.
(Posted on 8/15/12)
Excellent product. These dried onions are all very uniformily cut. Great taste and convienience.
(Posted on 3/26/12)
Easy to Prepare
- Add dry onions while cooking, soups, stews, chilies, and other foods with sufficient liquid content.
- For most other applications, hydrate using 1 part dry onions and 3 parts water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- More water may be needed.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1/3 cup dry. Generally, air dried vegetables double in volume when hydrated.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of air dried onion, once rehydrated, equals approximately 4 lbs of fresh prepared chopped white onion.
Storage — Best if used within 18 months. Store tightly sealed in a dry location away from sunlight.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 1/3 cup
Fat Cal. 1
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 0g||0%||Total Carb. 25g||8%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 3g||11%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 20g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 3g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 38% • Calcium 8% • Iron 258%|